Came across an article in the Washington Examiner this week.  An arc in an underground power line caused a surge that blew off an electric meter in the basement of an apartment building in Washington, DC, and caused a small electrical fireFortunately no one was hurt, but 75 people were temporarily displaced. 
 
This demonstrates that residences should be protected from surges to prevent costly damage.  The members of NEMA's Low Voltage Surge Protective Devices and Surge Arrester Product Groups manufacture products which protect residences and electrical equipment from the damaging effects of surges.
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*


one × 1 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>