This piece was originally published in the June 2016 issue of ei, the magazine of the electroindustry.
By Gary MacFadden, Technical Program Manager, NEMA
The following ANSI/NEMA standards created by ANSI Accredited Standards Committee 37 for Switchgear (C37) need to be revised:
- ANSI/NEMA C37.50-2012 Low-Voltage AC Power Circuit Breakers Used in Enclosures—Test Procedures
- ANSI/NEMA C37.51-2003 (R2010) Metal-Enclosed Low-Voltage AC Power Circuit Breaker Switchgear Assemblies—Conformance Test Procedures
- ANSI/NEMA C37.54-2002 (R2010) Indoor Alternating-Current High-Voltage Circuit Breakers Applied as Removable Elements in Metal-Enclosed Switchgear—Conformance Test Procedures
- ANSI/NEMA C37.55-2002 (R2010) Medium-Voltage Metal-Clad Assemblies—Conformance Test Procedures
- ANSI/NEMA C37.57-2003 (R2010) Metal-Enclosed Interrupter Switchgear Assemblies—Conformance Testing
- ANSI/NEMA C37.58-2002 (R2010) Indoor AC Medium-Voltage Switches for Use in Metal-Enclosed Switchgear—Conformance Test Procedures
- ANSI/NEMA C37.85-2002 (R2010) Alternating-Current High-Voltage Power Vacuum Interrupters—Safety Requirements for X-radiation Limits
While the committee is open to all materially affected, interested parties, C37 is actively seeking additional membership from the user and general interest membership categories. If you are interested, contact Gary MacFadden.