This piece was originally posted in the June 2017 issue of electroindustry.
Ann Brandstadter, Manager, Standards Publications and Marketing, NEMA
A newly packaged set for the wire and cable industry is now available on the NEMA Standards Store website.
“These standards are a blend of power and utility products and, to a lesser extent, telecommunication products,” said Richard Beggs, secretary of Insulated Cable Engineers Association, Inc. (ICEA). “The users who would buy this set are the utility, energy distribution, and providers of electrical grid.”
This set contains all nine ANSI/NEMA/ICEA wire and cable standards:
- WC 51/ICEA P-54-440-2009 (R2014) Ampacities of Cables Installed in Cable Trays
- WC 54/ICEA T-26-465-2013 Guide for Frequency of Sampling Extruded Dielectric Power, Control, Instrumentation and Portable Cables for Test
- WC 57/ICEA S-73-532-2014 Standard for Control, Thermocouple Extension, and Instrumentation Cables
- WC 58/ICEA S-75-381-2008 Portable and Power Feeder Cables for Use in Mines and Similar Applications
- WC 66/ICEA S-116-732-2013 Standard for Category 6 and 6A, 100 Ohm, Individually Unshielded Twisted Pairs, Indoor Cables (With Or Without an Overall Shield) for Use in LAN Communication Wiring Systems
- WC 70/ICEA S-95-658-2009 Power Cables Rated 2,000 V or Less for the Distribution of Electrical Energy
- WC 74/ICEA S-93-639-2012 5-46 kV Shielded Power Cable for Use in the Transmission and Distribution of Electric Energy
- WC 71/ICEA S-96-659-2014 Standard for Nonshielded Cables Rated 2001-5000 V for Use in the Distribution of Electric Energy
- WC 54-2013/ICEA T-26-465 Standard Test Methods for Extruded Dielectric Power, Control, Instrumentation, and Portable Cables for Test
The cable standards set is available for $999 in hard copy and as an electronic download.
Other recently published standards
ANSI C12.20-2015 American National Standard for Electricity Meters—0.1, 0.2, and 0.5 Accuracy Classes, available in hard copy and as an electronic download for $94.
NEMA 77-2017 Temporal Light Artifacts: Test Methods and Guidance for Acceptance Criteria, available in hard copy and as an electronic download for $265.
NEMA ICS 5-2017 Industrial Control and Systems: Control Circuit and Pilot Devices, available in hard copy for $215 or as an electronic download at no cost.
NEMA OS 4-2016 Requirements for Air-Sealed Boxes for Electrical and Communication Applications, available in hard copy and as an electronic download for $60.
NEMA RV 2-2016 Application and Installation Guidelines for Nonmetallic-Sheathed Cable and Underground Feeder and Branch Circuit Cable, available for $82 in hard copy or as an electronic download for no cost.
NEMA TCB 4-2016 Guidelines for the Selection and Installation of Smooth-Wall Coilable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Conduit, available in hard copy and as an electronic download for $81.
Purchase these and other NEMA standards at www.nema.org/standards-store.