This piece was originally published in the December 2018 issue of electroindustry.
Caption: G.P. Russ Chaney, Chairman of the Board of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), left, presents the Emerging Young Professional award to Muhammad Ali, NEMA Program Manager. Photo courtesy of ANSI
As 2018 concludes, we salute the hard work by NEMA staff that led to the following awards and achievements:
- Muhammad Ali: Named ANSI Emerging Young Professional.
- Ken Gettman: Received IEC 1906 Award from IEC Technical Committee 121, and recognized as an IEEE Life Senior Member.
- Andrei Moldoveanu: Elected to SES Board of Directors and promoted from SES Standards Committee Chairman to Technical Director supervising the Standards and the Certification Committees.
- Donald Leavens and Steve Wilcox: Recognized by The Wall Street Journal as the second most accurate economic forecasters for 2017 among more than 60 nationally recognized forecasters. The NEMA/BIS forecasters have consistently ranked in the top 10 for the last 5 years.
- Carolyn Hull: Received a Master of Health Administration and Certificate of Healthcare Corporate Compliance from George Washington University.
- Craig Updyke: Appointed to the Commerce Department’s Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Advisory Committee (REEEAC).